Monday 18 October 2010

Angela Shaw Resigns as Leader of the SVC

Angela Shaw has resigned as leader of the Stanford Victims Coalition stating that she no longer feels that she can represent the International Victims. I have asked her to make a statement on the forum informing everyone and I was told it would take her a few days to put things in order before she made an announcement. I have informed Angela that I cannot in all conscience withhold this information from other members and so I have decided to inform you all. I have no doubt that Angela will give her thoughts and reasons over the next few days, but for now the victims have to decide how they want to proceed.

I have taken this paragraph from my email from Angela as I feel it is important that victims have a say in what happens next and not be given a fait accompli

Here is the extract from the email:

I feel the committee should appoint a primary communicator to serve as a liaison with non-US victims – possibly the Peruvian lawyer who is quite politically savvy and very eager to get involved on a day to day level. I think he would be the most responsive if not the examiner, which victims would still have access to otherwise. Valdespino, Snyder and Morgenstern are all way too busy to pull back to do even more they aren’t getting paid for while the Willis suit is in discovery and they are taking depositions in London next week I believe. They took one in Barbados last week. Peter should be getting some documents for the bank suits very soon so he is going to be buried with the response to their motion to dismiss, and Antigua should be responding soon as well. It would be a smoother transition for Jaime Pinto to introduce himself and state his position with regard to how he foresees the committee working together with victims to get recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment